Convert 25.5 syncros quill to 28.6?

Disco0121

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,

I recently brought a syncros cattleprod stem for my orange aluminium o xtr but I made a mistake with the size I thought the stem was 28.6 but it was 25.4. Is there any way to convert a 25.4 quill to a 28.6?

Cheers guys.

These shims often come on ahead / quill converter units. You need 1 1/8 to 1", which in steerer (outside diameter) terms is 1 1/4 to 1 1/8".

At the very worst case, two seatpost shims would do as a starting point.

Cheers for the info hamster.

I've been looking on eBay for something that will do the job and wondered if the long shim on the converter would do?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUILL-TO-A-HE ... 2a32a5fa4d

The stem in my bike is 28.6 and the stem I want to fit is 25.4. I've been trying to fid a nice retro quill stem in 28.6. If a seatpost shim would work i'd use one of those.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
For a quill stem, as kellyjk said, don't you need a shim from 25.4 down to 22.2, which are the internal diameters of a 1-1/8" and 1" steerer tubes respectively?

Also, it will need to be long enough to reach down into the steerer tube to where the expander wedge is.

Back