Marzocchi fork "plug extraction tool"???

RockiMtn

Gold Trader
Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
I'm looking to service a Marzocchi XC600 fork. Looking at the service manual, there's mention of a "plug extraction tool". Is this something special that's required? If so, does anyone know where I can get one? Or can I use something else as a substitute?

air+plug+pull.jpg

Also what fork oil can someone recommend for the XC600 rebuild? I picked up some Specto Golden 125/150 7.5w for a set of Marzocchi Z2 Flyweight fork. Can I use the same oil?

Attachments

• DSC06163.JPG
    DSC06163.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,313
Let the air out
Push the cap in a bit. Might need a gentle tap.
Take the clip ring off

Then grab the valve gently and pull/wiggle/twiust the cap out.

You could try plowing the fork up to push the cap out. Not needed to try so not sure how it'll pop.

Basically as far as I could tell, the tool screws onto the valve just to make it easier to pull.

Oryginal oil is 20W, I'm using 15W as well but 7,5W will be def not good

This tool helps to remove plug - I'm just exhale air form fork, pushing the plug a bit into the stanchion, then removing cotter and pump the fork very carefully - presure will remove the plug, but You have to do it carefully!

i think you're correct about the weight. there's one small mention of 20 SAE in the service manual. :?

It is for 7.5wt oil forks I guess.
But these are 20wt oil forks.

No matter how small the mention is, isn't going to make it wrong.
Sutherland's 6th has the oil height tuning (I'll type them when I find my PDF) they are pretty much the same as the xc500.

But xc600 are 20wt
Bombers are 7.5wt

You can of course stick it in and see how they feel.
Pressure is 40 to 80psi... from memory

Back