1994 stumpjumper

mattyg

Retro Newbie
Hi folks new member but not new to the forum been reading lots of threads here over the years with great interest.

I've made and impulse buy of a well known auction site of a 1994 stump jumper in olive green unseen that has a few issues. I'm currently cleaning and repairing anything that needs doing just to make it useable. It really is a great old bike my question is are the shimano lx crank stickers available from anywhere as I would really love to clean up the crank arms and replace the stickers. Ive had a look around and can only seem to find generic type stickers.

You help would be greatly appreciated

Matt

No but a lot of my local group of riders were interested, if it had been a 19" I would have gone for it.

I think you will struggle with replacement decals for the cranks and to be honest they wouldn't last long as they are in the perfect spot for heel rub unfortunately.

Hi Thanks for that

To be honest I think its going to be a bit small for me I really should of made the effort to go and see it before hand but just didn't have the time. I'm going to clean it and fix it and see what its like if not may have to sell it.

Thanks Matt

I remember selling one of these BITD - for some reason the olive green/umma gumma colourway didn't sell well at all - we only got one in and had to discount it heavily at the end of the season. Personally I really liked the no-nonsense look of it. Did the one you purchase come with the Umma Gumma tyres? Do you have any pics?

Hi sadly it didn't come with the umma gummas its locked away at the moment will take some pictures tomorrow.

Matt

I have also recently picked up a olive green Stumpjumper, mine has an 18" frame, which I thought might be a touch small but actually fits quite well.

Good luck sorting the issues

How tall are you just out of interest ?

The bikes not too bad to be honest,a couple of buckled wheels that are now sorted and what first appeared to be a knackered cassette was just a little loose. Apart from that I have stripped it and given it a good clean and a spanner check. Cleaned up a few of the rusty fastener's until I can get new ones as well.

mattyg":2g1mtzpx said:
How tall are you just out of interest ?
I'm 5'10"

The one I picked up has a fair few scruffs on the frame, but required very little work to get it back on the road. I replaced the mushed up elastomers in the Quandra forks with springs, fitted a new set of tyres and new front (V) brake blocks

I have done a little over 100 miles on it and found it rides very well, although I may well change the handlebars at some point

Back