M2 frame number ID

shinobi

Senior Retro Guru
Hi guys
I wondered if anyone could help with a frame number id on a frame i am looking at , its stripped of paint and i have only seen pictures but im 99% sure its an M2 .
The frame number is 91T04446 , would this make it a 1990 or 1991 and is it a M2 team or an S works M2 or a stumpjumper M2 ? there seems to be a bit of confusion over this in previous posts .
Oh and what would the colour options be ? i have seen silver with yellow decals and " stumpjumper" on the downtube and team red with " specialized " on both top and downtubes ?
Hope its not cracked or anything like my old one did BITD :cry:
Cheers Paul

I'll try to remember to check the frame number on my 1992? when I get home if that helps. I can't really offer you any more information than that, as I don't know that much about them myself.

Ok mate cheers
I have read so many posts on it i cant decide what means what now lol !
Cheers Paul

kingoffootball":3g4zetkt said:
Frame number on mine is 92T3219-6 if that helps at all.
Hi , thanks for taking the trouble to do that :D it looks much the same but i think i will have to wait n see
cheers Paul

Mine is

91T04060

Not decided how to build it up or even which fork to use

Color is not original as it has a label on saying sprayed by a company (cant remember which one)

Attachments

• P1040330.JPG
    P1040330.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 229
  • P1040329.JPG
    P1040329.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 229
bhill22":23odyugm said:
Mine is

91T04060

Not decided how to build it up or even which fork to use

Color is not original as it has a label on saying sprayed by a company (cant remember which one)
Hi , thanks for the pics . it does look just like that so thats handy , the shape of the head tube gusset and the gear cable guide look the same too . does yours have riveted brake cable guides on the top tube ? i have noticed small differences in all those areas with other M2 frames.
I have taken the plunge and bought it for £8.99 anyway ! i i am waiting with baited breath to see if its a usable frame or a big paperweight :facepalm:
Cheers Paul.

Riveted cable guides - yes

£8.99 cant go wrong

boy burning sent me a pm he knows a lot about this period of frame

bhill22":299frsla said:
Riveted cable guides - yes

£8.99 cant go wrong

boy burning sent me a pm he knows a lot about this period of frame
Thanks again , fingers crossed its not a write off .
Cheers Paul.

Back