Brake noodle liner

scabface

Retro Newbie
I have a 94 Stumpjumper and welded on the seat tube is a noodle that guides the brake around the seat post. When I got the bike it has pieces of plastic liner in there. I don't know if the liner is supposed to be there, or if it was part of some sheathing that was degrading and covering the housing free section across the top tube. anyway it had to come out because it was jammed in there. This noodle seams to be a source of considerable friction. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a liner in there, is so where do I get a replacement. This picture is similar to my 94 but purple.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 671
Ive just recently bought some of this, after going into several bike shops with no luck!
Ebay saved the day, although it is coming from taiwan, it arrived very quickly..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bi-King-ALLIG ... 2583c9784e

At £2.83 with free postage for a 3m in length, also very profesional & good to deal with.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks guys. I think part of my friction problems is that I suspect the bike was intended for Cantis and I'm running V-brakes. I noticed the noodle had a liner that would work, but I didn't want to rob the noodle of it's liner and had no idea where to find just the liner. The searches I tried came up empty. I was tempted to head the hardware store and take two inch "samples" till I found one that worked. Now that I know what to buy, any idea what size (ID,OD) teflon tube I need. Otherwise I guess I can go the easy route and buy 3 meters of it as redfern posted even though I'll probably not use more than 6 inches of it in my lifetime.

I Think that FMJ meant brake cable.
Since You using V brakes, there's no need for that noodle anyway.

Back