JMC Salsa Replica

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ive been thinking of creating a JMC Salsa replica based on the framset and pretty much 30% build I already have.

Anyone on here think its a good idea?

Ive kinda going off ultra bling builds and like the idea of functional over uber-bling. Seems silly not making a JMC replica as this seems to be quite a popular theme at the moment.

If anyone would like to help me with this - I need loads of pics of the Salsa he rode.

Theres a few on the web but nothing showing great detail etc. Guess I also need to start to scour through old MBUKs of thatera when he was Team MBUK wth Sophie who also ride an equivelent Salsa.

Im pretty much there with the 18" frameset, Mag 20 threaded forks, red cables and Syncros stuff.

Wish I hadnt sold the black Grafton cantis now as I remember those were on the build he used to ride - also with the M900 levers and mechs.

Means Ill be selling on the rasta Pauls stuff I guess.

Whats peoples thoughts?

Its a good idea, and executed properly it would not only be a cool thing to have, but also a very nice bike to actually ride (you cant say that about many retrobikes - controversial)

youve got some green graftons, strip 'em and get them re-anodised, then youre halfway there!

ive got a few pictures, but they are only the ones off the JMC foundation website anyway... might be worth trying to track down some MBUK's from that era as he was in it every week! theres also quite a lot of info/pics in one of the MTB Pro's from '95...

might be worth speaking to Ross Shafer too, hes a pretty approachable chap, he may have some info about the bike JMC had (although he told me the recording of serial numbers etc appears to be something they did when they felt like it back then).

oh, and Id more than happy to give you a fiver (posted) for the rasta stuff.

Ive kinda going off ultra bling builds and like the idea of functional over uber-bling.

Good for you Jez......go for it, if it can't/won't be ridden, what's the point :roll:

I rather like replica bikes as long as they're ridden as intended :twisted:

Pickle":2ak3f1vz said:
jez-4-bikes-max":2ak3f1vz said:
If anyone would like to help me with this - I need loads of pics of the Salsa he rode.

I’ll have a look for some.

11.jpg

35.jpg

jez-4-bikes-max":23i8od85 said:
Ok need some pics guys - anyone have any?

Jez, best advice I can offer is contact Jim McRoy c/o the JMC foundation site. I'm sure he'll be happy to assit you with some pictures or spec details

Back