RITCHEY - What model / year is this Ritchey????

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I got this frame in a package deal with some other parts I bought. I have no info on it...

All I was told is that it's a ritchey... Serial number is "0##"

thanks!

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 420
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 420
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 420
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 420
Nice! Looks like an Ultra to my amateur eye?

What makes you think it's a Ritchey? Send me pics of the rear dropouts and serial number and some detailed pics of the welds. did someone tell you it's a Ritchey because it has Ritchey dropouts? Can you feel the triple butting along the top tube and the down tube? Lastly detailed pics of the bottom bracket.
Petr

What makes you think it's a Ritchey? Send me pics of the rear dropouts and serial number and some detailed pics of the welds. did someone tell you it's a Ritchey because it has Ritchey dropouts? Can you feel the triple butting along the top tube and the down tube? Lastly detailed pics of the bottom bracket. Lastly what size is it and how much does it weigh?
Petr

Hi, I'm 100% sure it's a ritchey
- Shimano Dropouts
- no butting on seat tube... it's lugged
- Bottom bracket has only serial number... "0##"
- weight would not help you
- size is 17.5

yea, simmilar to the brazing on my 87 blizzard which also has shimano dropouts... but the blizzard takes a rear lower U-Brake... so this is not a blizzard...

Ritchey only used Ritchey dropouts. They were so good my Serotta has them. Sorry to bum you out, It's not a Ritchey. Do a search on early 80's mountain bikes that used Shimano dropouts and you'll find the make of your frame. hope this help and best of luck to you mate!

Back