The "For Sale" Forum Suggestion ... just a wee thought.

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I am fairly new here, and the site is great.

I just wanted to make a lil' comment on the for sale forum. The volume of stuff going through there is becoming epic. Maybe its time to have separate threads within the forum ("Bikes, Frames, and Forks", "Drive train", "Wheels and Tires", etc etc.). It might be helpful.

Just tossing that out there. Just a thought. :)

The only drawback with that, is that there are a lot of sellers with a variety of items who would then need to create, and maintain, a number of different threads in different sub-sections. If they're using regular sales as a source of income, then that's fair enough, but if someone's just trying to clear their shed/garage they might not have the time.

I do see where you're coming from though - there's been a few times when I've seen a part that interests me, forgotten the user name, and it's taken me ages to trawl through all the ads to find it! I guess there could be a seperate section for whole bikes, though, like in the Road forums (in fact I think it was suggested before?)

Koupe":93d55tcr said:
The only drawback with that, is that there are a lot of sellers with a variety of items who would then need to create, and maintain, a number of different threads in different sub-sections. If they're using regular sales as a source of income, then that's fair enough, but if someone's just trying to clear their shed/garage they might not have the time.

That's a fair point. Maybe there could be a bulk item category to make it easier on those folk.

Having even 3-5 different themed categories within the thread might help. It seems to work on other forum and help sales and people find what they are looking for, which I guess is the bottom line.

Use the 'bookmark topic' function?

Koupe":2a1ph898 said:

I do see where you're coming from though - there's been a few times when I've seen a part that interests me, forgotten the user name, and it's taken me ages to trawl through all the ads to find it! I guess there could be a seperate section for whole bikes, though, like in the Road forums (in fact I think it was suggested before?)

Sorry for the hijack but - What's worse is the muppets with a For Sale thread which they add too over a period of months or even years, what's the point?

swannymere":1mzazffh said:
Sorry for the hijack but - What's worse is the muppets with a For Sale thread which they add too over a period of months or even years, what's the point?

lmao.gif

Best thing that could be done with that thread is that all dealings are done in thread and no dibbing.....IMO

vmlopes":2unbns69 said:
Best thing that could be done with that thread is that all dealings are done in thread and no dibbing.....IMO

I'd settle for a little more consistency from buyers/sellers (less lead vs. gold syndrome).

I find it hard to find specific things I need. The titles often don't give much of a clue. Maybe there would be some way of defining the search criteria in the same way as a certain site?

Back