Cook Bros Technical Help Required!

fattiman

Senior Retro Guru
Hi Guys i have a cook bros bottom bracket with the aluminium collars - problem is i have lost the bolts that lock them on! Please advise as to what they are called (specific type of bolt) and how to determine the size needed in order to sort out some replacements. "OrbitalFastners.co.uk" have them but i have no idea which size to order? cheers

Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 458
Try a bottle cage bolt in it, they are M5, if that is too big it may be M4, but then again being American it could be an imperial thread.

I would have thought the original fasteners were a type of 'grubscrew' probably with an inset hex head for an allen key.

All you need to find out is approx length and whether its is m4,m5,m6 etc..

Any decent bolt/nut supplier should be able to sort out a suitable grubscrew. :D

the pic below shows what a grubscrew is

I would have guessed grub scew to - put the picture seems to suggest a counter bore for a cap head bolt ? :-?

WD :D

Ah it is indeed a grub screw I need! :LOL:
No idea what size though, think it is imperial due to US origin - any ideas??

Now ordered -it was in fact an M4 Thread (at least I think it was-tried the bolt that holds the cable onto the rear mech and that fir perfectly)

They should be an imperial thread. I have had a few of them brackets and always required an imperial allen key.

If you are UK and want to send it to me I will find the right bolts for you.
It will most likely cost less than £1 for the bolts as I have a good supplier just down the road that I go to most weeks.

Back