Sachs chains, any info?

Crus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Do you know how are these 2 chains?
Sachs sc r80
Sachs sedis SL

Are they good? 7-8speed? Are there big differencies?
Thanks in advance!

Sachs were always my chain of choice back in the day. Sachs was sold to SRAM who re-branded the chains as there own at the end of the 1990s. I still use SRAM chains due to my long affinity for Sachs.

The R80 was intended to be a road chain and the SL was a 'Super Light' chain with cut outs on the side plates. Both are 7/8 speed chains as far as I am aware.

Good quality chains.

drystonepaul":39utsoig said:
Sachs were always my chain of choice back in the day. Sachs was sold to SRAM who re-branded the chains as there own at the end of the 1990s. I still use SRAM chains due to my long affinity for Sachs.

The R80 was intended to be a road chain and the SL was a 'Super Light' chain with cut outs on the side plates. Both are 7/8 speed chains as far as I am aware.

Good quality chains.

Did Sachs make Sedis chains - I understand they're branded as SRAM too, now. BITD, I always used to buy Sedis chains.

drystonepaul":clqi0lmy said:

Good quality chains.

They should be good quality as Campag and Mavic and Suntour used them.

a bit more info http://www.bikepro.com/products/chains/sachs-sedis.html

I don't remember the slits in the SL though.

The name I assume was a merger/buyout name from Sedis and Sachs to create Sachs-Sedis, sedissport being the type of the chain, developed by Sedis back in '78
http://www.velo-pages.com/main.php?g2_itemId=97

All this happened way before my time, the oldies might know more ;)

Back in the days of us oldies, when I was a youngie, I first used Renold chains, then discovered Sedis chains,, and still use them in their more modern version SRAM PC-870. The Sedis Gold was the non plus ultra back then.
Cheers

Back