Magura Rond Quake forks

will911

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A mate has asked me to sort out his much loved winter Mtb Carrera which has been a decent bike in his view for many years.. the forks while good cosmetically are suffering droop and have no susp travel when he's on the trails.. an enquiry today to Magura UK and their response is, sorry we haven't parts any longer.. and cannot rebuild for you.. so what to do?? i know as much about these as they know about me!!! being mainly into race road bikes.. any suggestions ,they are the model with full magura brakes and the brakes are sited at rear of blades.. so sourcing another fork is an option but he wants the brakes in the same place not out front on spigots.. anyone help?? will

Hi Will 911

I bought a pair of these a while ago and feel in love with them they just look well thought out and the rear mounted Pace style brakes are funky

Thankfully I got my call into Magura just in time and they sorted me out with new seals and wipers

do you know what parts are you after / in need of

Spud©

Garryowen !

Retro spud, no i don't and am loath to get inside especially if no spares are out there.. they date from 1999 according to Magura although my mate says his machine is only 8 years old..

You could source a working set of any other Quake and keep the rear-mount sliders, switch in the internals from the donor. They go for around £60-£80 these days. Just make sure whether they're air or spring versions.

I don't think he has them any more, but Gruff ran a set of Quake Airs and knows his way around the internals.

All the best,

Might be worth finding a magura service centre and asking them to advise.

personally I wouldn't give up on them,
with the combined resource of R.B I'm sure you'll find all the parts you need to re-build them.

TOP POST....''an enquiry today to Magura UK and their response is, sorry we haven't parts any longer.''.
SO .. Guys ... Are there other service centres other than Derby..??? will

will911":1sx07iw8 said:
TOP POST....''an enquiry today to Magura UK and their response is, sorry we haven't parts any longer.''.
SO .. Guys ... Are there other service centres other than Derby..??? will

I meant find a service centre locally... not go to the H/Q where you know they can't help you :LOL:

check out http://www.magura.com/en/bicyclecomp/de ... cator.html

Below is what it through up for me, so chuck your post code in and see what yah get
they've got to have someone in Ulster

Attachments

• magura near me.png
    magura near me.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 306
Which model are they? Pics would help. If not what does it say on the forks?
It would be odd for coil forks to start to droop so maybe they're air sprung and finally need pumping up?

Back