Bullseye cranks

Swede

Gold Trader
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Ok, I've read Mombat and Bike Pro. Is that it? Is there any other info on the web as it seems to be hard to find. Can someone enlighten me further please? What's the deal with the BB's? Did they differ over the years?

Thanks

Wow! That was spectacularly unsuccessful, this post drifted of the first page without a single comment. I’ll be a bit more specific this time. Looking at the Mombat timeline the first date for a Bullseye triple crank is 1987 and so I’m thinking about one for the ‘dale but the price puts me off (assuming you can find one) and I’m not that keen on an new external BB with shims and the originals seem to be harder to find that the cranks themselves. What are other people’s experiences with these things?

I own several cranks, with no other I had as much trouble as with the bullseye. The main issue with this crank is the bearing respectively the bottom bracket.

But if you've managed to find the right BB, then it's in my opinion one of the best and stiffest cranks, very slight but very stable. Yes sure it's worth its price.

My recommendation, use only the bullseye BB, then you will have fun with it. ;)

yetifro60.jpg

Swede":2yvzbekt said:
Thank you. The BB in your photo is an old one, right?
no this is a new Bullseye Europen BB 22.2 mm. As far as I know the old bbs were only to press (with a miserable bearing).

Nader":2opfsv3l said:
Swede":2opfsv3l said:
Thank you. The BB in your photo is an old one, right?
no this is a new Bullseye Europen BB 22.2 mm. As far as I know the old bbs were only to press (with a miserable bearing).

But where to find these new Bullseye European BB 22.2 ?
I saw some on ebay some years ago…

24pouces":3fl2rnx3 said:
Pierre, this I had told you a long time ago ;)

Nader":383i8748 said:
24pouces":383i8748 said:
Pierre, this I had told you a long time ago ;)

Well, he hasn't got any left :( .

Pierre, what are you using? I'm guessing you're having issues if you want to replace your current setup?

Back