Hello!

deelam

Retro Guru
I have been a "lurker" until needing to place a wanted ad.
Brilliant site, brings tears of nostalgia creeping into my eyes :cry:

1st bike was a Raleigh Mustang when I was about 12, WAY too big but I used all 5 gears for the next 4 years. Next I got a Kona Cindercone after saving for 2 years straight. All the bikes I ever tried - this was my baby!
Used to ride the lakes and peaks, even raced casually. Age 18, bike got stolen, girls and drink had taken over - you know the score!
Now pushing 30, married with 2 sprogs. I have been out on a few rides and the old magic is still in the veins but I can't find any new bike which feels quite right - I swear I would pay new money for my old bike!

Big hello to all!!! :D

Welcome to the site!

The Mustang is a fine introduction to MTBing, was it the black and white or red one? I reckon a lot of people in the UK had their first taste of off-road riding on one of Nottingham's pig-iron specials.

Hi! It was the black and white one. The kind of size your parents say you'll grow into, but I stopped at 6'! And it weighed a TON. It got the mud into the my blood though so I can't knock it too much.

I don't think Raleigh made a frame smaller than 21" back in the late 80s early 90s. My first proper mtb was a 21" Raleigh Mirage. It was a gate. Still doesn't fit.

Sorry, should have logged in 1st.
Much as I have fond memories, I certainly wouldn't want it back. But my Kona, that's a different matter altogether. I learnt to ride the Raleigh but the Kona taught me to dance.

Back