Give her some inspiration, show us your RTS

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, not been on for some time as I've been too busy with other stuff but should be about a bit more as I'm hoping to complete the build on my Giant and now a new side project.. My girlfriend had mentioned getting a mountain bike so she could go biking and convinced her retro is better (obviously, she's already going out with an oldie anyway lol) sooo with a few ideas in my head have managed to get hold of my old GT RTS 3 frame again, it's very small so should suit her down to the ground.

I have being an all round bike tart pointed out that the first important decisions she needs to make is what colour the frame needs to be re sprayed and what colour spangly anodized bits she wants on it. She's currently considering respraying it it's original gun metal silver or black and purple or blue bits. However thought it would be good to see some other examples of them so she can see what other options are about, so go on show us what you've got. And say hello to future Mrs Ape (I've told her she's got to create her own account soon)

Blue is good, it never seemed quite as popular as purple or red (either then or now) but does look sweet. In fact, I've still got a couple of blue bolts knocking around that she can have!
Also, you always see RTSs with contrasting swingarms, I think everything the same colour would look good and make the ano stand out more.

Yeha she likes Purple but only the dark purple rather than the more popular 3DV purple so think we'd struggle a bit with getting a decent amount of bits anyway so kind of swaying towards the blue, she'd love you for blue bits lol. I'd thought of a polished aluminium rear end if the main frame was black but all black could possibly work, she's not a fan of polished all over.

Koupe":12gzwttr said:
Blue is good, it never seemed quite as popular as purple or red (either then or now) but does look sweet. In fact, I've still got a couple of blue bolts knocking around that she can have!
Also, you always see RTSs with contrasting swingarms, I think everything the same colour would look good and make the ano stand out more.

ape":3isaazpy said:
My girlfriend had mentioned getting a mountain bike so she could go biking and convinced her retro is better (obviously, she's already going out with an oldie anyway lol)

Well, stands to reason, if you enjoy riding one 'antique' you may as well try another ;)

ape":3isaazpy said:
...... And say hello to future Mrs Ape (I've told her she's got to create her own account soon)

Way in the future, I have a feeling you'll be spending far too much on bike parts to consider rings :LOL:

Some pics of mine, need the shorter travel version of the bombers really.

dsc03291xw.jpg

dsc03292s.jpg

dsc04031gj.jpg

Very nice, it even has some blue bits lol, I wasn't sure what forks to put on it to be honest, I'd considered some bombers though, how do you find them with the RTS?, suppose anything has got to be better than the original quadra's.

ape":1gxoor1t said:
Very nice, it even has some blue bits lol, I wasn't sure what forks to put on it to be honest, I'd considered some bombers though, how do you find them with the RTS?, suppose anything has got to be better than the original quadra's.

Cheers, 80mm travel max, probably best with Z2's and 65mm travel.

gtRTSdh":3rk6421k said:
ape":3rk6421k said:

Cheers, 80mm travel max, probably best with Z2's and 65mm travel.

Will keep an eye out for some when I'm a bit more flush, still not sure if to go Marzocchi or Rockshox, I've had Pace before which were very nice and had some Marzocchi Shivers and Bombers, Shivers were amazingly plush but a bit on the large and heavy side lol. Will see if I can get a pic up of the frame later

Back