gt zaskar le frame

sinie

Retro Newbie
afternoon all,
i gave up cycling about 15 years ago, last trials bike being a vario tibo xl, that cos me a fotune, but cars, bikes and woemen started to get in the way so sold up,
whilst sorting out the loft last week i found an old zaskar e frame up there,
i remember purchasing it many years back with the intent of building it up and a road/xc toy, but never got round to it,
im gonna stick it up for sale, but would jus like to confirm that its a zaskar le frame before doing so,
few pictures below,
frame measures 20" from centre of bb tube to the lower weld on the top bar,
20131020_161509.jpg

20131021_150519-1.jpg

20131020_161530.jpg

20131020_161515.jpg

20131020_161520.jpg

cheer for your help people,
mike

Flat end cap says definately a Zaskar, U brake suggests 1991 or 1992, looks in good wrap, needs a polish though, polish it and build it, get the bug back again!

"LE" was just the spec on the bike I believe

Without a doubt a Zaskar frame :D

Thank for the info,
Being 6ft 7 the frame is a little small for me, plus I already have a bike for the little riding I get time to do.
Is it worth polishing and restickering before selling or best to let it go as is
Now time to scour the net and find a rough price to advertise it at

Once again, thanks for your helpful advice.

sinie":3gffi04i said:
Thank for the info,
Being 6ft 7 the frame is a little small for me, plus I already have a bike for the little riding I get time to do.
Is it worth polishing and restickering before selling or best to let it go as is
Now time to scour the net and find a rough price to advertise it at

Once again, thanks for your helpful advice.

A set of decals would be £25-£30. Polishing it properly would take nothing but a tube of autosol and some elbow grease (if you can get a polishing tool to fit into a drill, even better). And there's no need to scour the net when you're already on the best website to find out anything to do with retro bikes ( the clue is in the name ;) ) - there's even a section of the forum dedicated to finding out the value of bikes and bits.

Spending a bit of time and £30 or so polishing it and restickering it would probably net you an extra £50-60 on the selling price, so it's worth doing. Zaskar frames are funny things - I've seen some sell for as much as £200 (I paid £190 for one which was in a rarer size - 14.5", and was in perfect condition), and others go for under £100. At the moment, I'd say yours is in the latter category but with a bit of effort you should be able to bump the price up should you wish to part ways with it. Although I bet once you've polished and restickered it you'll have a change of heart!

Here's the link to the "How Much is my XYZ Worth Thread", for info:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681

Back