Cantilevers for my pace rc200

Paceg60

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I've never fitted canti's before and I quite like the ideas of fitting them on my latest build. But I am unsure if the frame and fork are compatible? As I don't know how the bridge's (if that's what they are even called) that support the cable where it splits above the tyre would be supported? What parts would I need if this is possible?
My frame is a pace rc200

And my forks are later than the frame, they are pace rc36 evo2's

If cants are an option what cants would you all recommend?? As I say I've never used cants, only ever had v's and magura's, so I haven't a clue where to start.

have a look through this lot on ebay for front canti hanger options and it looks like you could use the bolt on the rear wish bone to mount something to for rear brakes,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw= ... acat=57262
as for options of brakes ? that's down to your own taste and wallet ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Evo II was disc and V-brake only as they never made a magnesium bridge with a canti-hanger.

The M5 bolt on the wishbone is the mounting point for a canti brake rocker (same as the old RC35). This is a right pain to set up as the length of the short cable is absolutely critical and you end up faffing about for ages trying to get the brakes to centre.

So it looks like you're stuck with V-brakes really. Unless you can find some RC35s and a pair of brake rockers (which are getting quite rare now).

Nice frame by the way, don't see many F2s in that colour.

Just as I suspected, I thought that the forks would be too new for cants, don't really want to part with the forks as I've only just rebuilt them and I quite like the look of them even though they are newer than the frame.
Looks like it will be v brakes then.
Or magura's
What's people's thoughts on magura's on a rc200??

There's a cable stop for this type of Pace frame.

Tim might have some left - I got one for him for my F6 that I'n not actually using but want to hang onto should I ever sell the frame on.

Il still be stuck, with mounting them to the forks, I will be running a 1" thredless headset, is there any sort of spacer/adaptor that has a cable guide built into it?
If not I think I will try and find some early magura's, maybe raceline's

V brakes may be the cheaper option mate, but certainly I got my F1 rear canti rocker from Tim, v brake for the front??

+1 for Magura's, fit them, forget them. I've had to do my first maintenance in 20 years on mine this year. I like the braided stainless steel hoses too, but it depends on the type of build you're going for I guess. Do you have the magura specific clamps for your fork ?

The more I think about magura's the more I'm liking the idea, I've used them before when I was in my teen on trials and jump bikes and always liked them, I don't think I have the magura specific clamps for my forks (not even sure what these are?) when I've fitted them to my bikes before they fitted to the brake bosses on the forks.
Are the earlier ones different or is this just a better way of fitting them?

Going back to the cants dilemma, if I did go with canti's over the magura's would something like this https://www.bricklanebikesshop.co.uk/pr ... cable-stop
Do the job with my forks or would it still not work?

Back