Yo Eddy questions

JurT

Retro Guru
Hey guys, today I won a Fat Chance Yo Eddy frame on ebay. I was searching for one some time now. Got alot of offers from very beautifull yo's and some with some work on the frame.

The frame I won, was pretty cheap and yes it needs some work. The frame nr is the YO M 1052.

The seller said it has a 1 1/4" headtube size. I thought that the first Yo's had a 1" headtube size and later they got the 1 1/8" size.

Now I will try and restore this frame/bike. It will take some time but in the end it will work out. But where do I find the original decals? Also I am doubting which colour to paint the frame. Not sure if it stays red, but I love the aquafade colours. And since the BOI forks are damn rare I will have to look for another fork. Any suggestions?

Here some pics that where in the ebay auction

Your frame will have a 1" headtube me thinks. The year is probably 1995.

It surely is a 1 1/8 headtube - the Yo I had in 1992 still was 1 inch, then they changed to 1 1/8 - and yours was made later. There never was a 1 1/4 Yo Eddy.

I´m about doing the same project, and I just ordered decals from Velocals - you have a great variety of possible colour choices, they aren´t too expensive and they deliver quickly.

If you want to do work on the frame, I would suggest Georg Blaschke, German frame maker who knows the Fat Chance frames. He made me a Yo-fork that is really clean und well made. Just see www.gebla.de (English spoken).

I will have my Yo painted by cycle art Berlin (Gerrit Hardtke) who takes about 200 euros for a unicolor design. He is experienced with Yo Eddies and does the aguafade paint Job as well as the grello. See examples on his Homepage

http://cycleart-berlin.blogspot.de/p/galerie-stahl.html

Yo brotha!

I went with VeloCals for my decals, here is some info from a post on my build thread :

WD Pro":2ctt9ja0 said:
Well in my hunt for decals I came across VeloCals, they interested me as they offer a very thin option – hopefully my best chance I have to get them to disappear under the lacquer … :cool:

I had a look on their site and ordered some colour swatches to find my perfect combination, it turned out to be different than I was expecting so it was defo a worthwhile exercise ;-)

My camera defo doesn't do purple / pinks / blues very well though, they look a lot different in real life / with the naked eye … :-?

I settled on 'Plum' for my main colour as it is very, very close to the king purple I am trying to match and it is the most similar to other purple / violet anodising from other manufacturers that I had samples of :

I was tempted with grey outlines to match the Ti forks / bars / post but decided on black anyway :LOL:

Once that was decided I contacted VeloCals as I couldn't configure the exact colour options I wanted from their website. Christine was 'very' helpful and reconfigured part of the website to give me more options (check out sku 135 :cool:), but that didn’t stop me asking more questions … :oops: :LOL:

Christine said it wasn't a problem and said to itemise my requirement in an email and she would ensure it got sorted :cool:

Order placed and info sent :

If delivery is as good as the samples I ordered, I should have them in less than two weeks :cool:

WD :D

WD :D

I also looked into Velocals and another big thanks to Christine who was helpful.They have amazing customisation options. In the end it was easier to use gil@thecycleshed.co.uk as he already knew the exact original colour templates for an Aquafade Yo. So the order was duly placed with him.

Looking forward to the build thread OP. Just wish I could get mine finished :facepalm:

JurT":105vq6ub said:
The seller said it has a 1 1/4" headtube size. I thought that the first Yo's had a 1" headtube size and later they got the 1 1/8" size.

Possibly the seller has measured the internal diameter of the headtube, which is a tiny bit bigger than 1 1/4in (actually 33.8mm or about 1.3in) for a 1 1/8in steerer tube.

Back