Name the bottom bracket

chikychoo

Retro Newbie
I hope I posted this in the correct section.I can't remember the make of this bottom bracket.I owned this 1994 Ventana Marble Peak,sold it in 1995,then bought it back in Sept.2013.It has Sims litening cranks...Thank You for your help.

Attachments

• 20131014_223628 (1).jpg
    20131014_223628 (1).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 500
Taking it out might be easier. Is that pink or red that has faded... Or another colour the camera/screen is not picking up.

Many used the multi pin cups and lockring.

FluffyChicken":1gcmglx9 said:
TrevorKershaw":1gcmglx9 said:
Could be a Hope or Royce, see RB thread below.

viewtopic.php?p=2052271
Based on the tool ?
Nope. Hope have hope in big letters on the side. Royce are silver and have Royce on the side.
As far as I know, the locking is wrong too.
I was basing it on the locking mechanism, which is similar. I cant find the thread of the one that needed the tool and prompted the tool making thread.
I've just seen one or two examples on the web you're correct FluffyChicken, Royce and Hope have their name stamped on the side.
I suppose the only way to be sure is to take it out and have a look.

The one mentioned above was a Hope.
It does look like faded purple or red anodising.
It's not Hope or Royce though, Royce has a polished curved face on the lockring.

WTB made something similar.

Have you taken it out yet?!

Hey Everybody,Thanks for your input!I haven't taken it out yet...I was trying to avoid that until I was ready to "do something " with the paint,and I don't have the proper tools.Do you think it could be a TNT?As far as the "coloring" goes it is faded,but I can't tell the original color.

Back