Anyone know what year this m600 cannondale was made??

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Seen this and it looks mint but was wondering what year it's from,any ideas??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 961
Vintagecannondale.com has all the catalogues. I'd start around 1993 1994 or so

Yup, go by serial number.
Cannondale did dozens and dozens of 1 off colours or short runs of colours that were never in catalogues.
Parts are 1993ish if any of them are original.

Looks just like my M2000 from June 1992. Is that a Ritchie seat post (original) and the handlebar stem is original too.

AirPressure":3perqpqa said:
Yup, go by serial number.
Cannondale did dozens and dozens of 1 off colours or short runs of colours that were never in catalogues.
Parts are 1993ish if any of them are original.

It could be a one off colour like you say because i've been threw the catalogues on vintagecannondale website and cannot find it. Spoke to the seller and they think it's a 1994 model.

I had one the same colour pass through my hands a year or so ago. It was kindly gifted me via freecycle but was passed on to a mate who wanted it more than I did.

The frame number is on the red part inside the rear triangle. I did look it up when I had it but have forgot :oops:

Back in 1993 I popped into Johns Bikes in Bath and came out with a M800 Beast of the East.Sitting alongside it was one of your bikes which I still remember because it seemed so apt at the time,patriotic colours on an American bike.

It so grabbed me that when I recently renovated a Beast I briefly considered having it done in those colours.The problem is that it doesn't appear in any of the catalogues,but there are a few pictures on the web.

If you can get a frame number vintage cannondale will have the details to give a definitive answer.

I think I have just come across this one,or one like it.The seller is suggesting that it is a Beast of the East,however I stand to be corrected but I always thought that Beasts were always M800.The M600 was a 3.0 series frame with a sloping top tube but a standard bottom bracket height.

Back