Really stuck for hub choice

Paceg60

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got some nos mavic 217's on their way to me, but I rally don't know what route to go down with the hubs??
Any ideas?
They will be going on my pace rc200 it won't be fully period correct, but I'd like to stay 90's.
Help please

Yeah I had thought of these, or maybe xtr m900, I do like the idea of being subtle, but on the other hand I do like some of the annodised hubz from the likes of ringle or hope, but would these be too late??
And what about the m950-1-2-3 xtr stuff love the gun metal finish, but would this be too late? And ive already got the complete groupset on my marin. So dont know what to do. Any pics of suggestions would be great too.

Sundayjumper":1jfcu588 said:
British frame, surely you need British hubs too ?

I'd normally argee, except EVERY pace I've seen seems to have hope hubs..

Goldtec would be sweeeeeeet...

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of british parts; planning on middleburn cranks so matching hubs would be sweet.
Ive been searching ebay for a wile looking for some but havent come across any yet.
Looked at hopes but ive had them on a few bikes in the past. They do make a nice noise though :)
Goldtec? I havent seen these before anyone got pics or links of them, whats the availability of them? Are they quite rare and well sort after?

Goldtec parts are expensive and rare a bit like middleburn hubs. I built with a pair once no for me I am afraid and they were light and pretty.

Yeah thought they might be, been doing a bit of searching for them on the internet, they are nice looking hubs, just a shame about the availability of them. Nothing on ebay and checked their website and that is only new stuff.
Might end up going back to hope. Whats everyones opinion on the ti-glides??
Also forgot yo mention I need 1 36h and 1 32h will this make a big difference to my choice of manufacturer?

Back