Novatec hubs

I have a couple of sets of road ones (also branded as ambrosio zenith)

I've not put any serious miles on them yet though

Novatec make a lot of generic hubs which are branded up and sold under other names.
Planet X and On One have used them for example as I found out when I had to track down a replacement freehub body for a Model B rear wheel.

I'm not sure how long the Novatec brand has been around though and whether they can be considered 'retro'.

I'm after a pair of black hubs for my 89 bear valley ( I know not correct ) I want a set of wheels for commuting/tow path never going to be taking too much abuse sometimes when something is cheap there is a reason for it !

If the hubs you are looking at use cartridge bearings, then I'm pretty sure they won't be very well sealed cartridge bearings.

I think the Bear Valley rebuild will be a mix of modern and retro keeping the mountain lx mechs with a front XT thumbshifter an upside down grip shift for the rear and probably a more modern saddle I've got a pair of m231cd rims but was saving them for the overburys so was looking at a modern mavic rim and charge splashbacks to complete the look

Latest posts

Back