Muddy fox Alu Comp - Info?

A

Anonymous

Hi all. Am a relative newbie to the site and have got to say it's a fab site! Gonna have to be careful to stay well away from the for sale section me thinks!!

I wondered if any of you could shed some light on this. It's owned by a work colleague who bought it to run back and forth to work. Being a non biker he asked me to check it over for him since the brakes needed sorting and a pedal cage had disintegrated. He knows nothing about it other than it cost him about 100 quid and the guy he bought it off made him promise to look after it!

Anyway, can anyone give some info and opinions on this beauty? As you can see from the photos It's a Muddy fox Alu comp with a cracking "blue foil" type paint job. Would be good to satisfy my curiosity about this bike, year, value and anything else you aficionados might know! Will be good to give the owner a bit of background info so he looks after it!

After sorting out one or two maintenance issues and a bit of elbow grease i was amazed how well it rides (and looks)!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 528
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 528
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 527
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 526
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 525
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 527
A mid 90's Fox there, a reasonable one too (they were turning out some real dross by the mid 90's in a vain effort to stay afloat), looks to be using the same design of frame as the 1990 Alu Team. Nothing special but a decent workhorse that will be far better than a £99 Tescos BSO.

Carl.

Thanks Carl. It's certainly been looked after over the years as it's tidied up a treat. It should last a few years yet given the light use it gets.

Thanks again.

Back