Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Miffed!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:55 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

This guy is unbelievable, he is asking for trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
I would urge you to contact eBay and action a case through them against the seller – eBay can take action against the seller and should be able to return the money you paid. You should demand the cost of all the shipping fees back and also the import duty you stumped up.

The seller says: "The I'm not a fan of zero feedback or negative feedback scam bidders". Well, one wonders why...

Although the item is described as "used", he also says the item is in "great condition", and also further in the description under the display photos, he uses the words "very good condition" to describe the seatpost. Not once does he mention any of the fundamental damage.

The seller has dishonestly misrepresented the true condition of the seatpost to buyers. The seller has not honestly and accurately described the true condition and made absolutely clear in their sale, the fundamental damage to such a crucial part of the seatpost.

Contact eBay and get them to action a case against the seller.

We mustn't put up with nonsense like this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:20 pm 
Retro Guru

I agree, however my case has been closed for this item, i received a refund for the item and postage, but not return postage and import costs.

I have tried to report the item however it does not seem possible, it might be because it is a item listed in the US. The item is not fit for use but there does not seem any way for me to report it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 pm 
Retro Guru

I tired that but there is no options in any of drop down boxes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:06 pm 
Retro Guru

Location: I know where the stash is – the secret's safe with me. The flying squad will never find us...
dan smith wrote:
I agree, however my case has been closed for this item, i received a refund for the item and postage, but not return postage and import costs.

I have tried to report the item however it does not seem possible, it might be because it is a item listed in the US. The item is not fit for use but there does not seem any way for me to report it.

Tried the Report Item button – you're right, that doesn't work.

But try the following link to Customer Services and click the Report Item line, or what seems appropiate:

http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/itmhdlr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:25 pm 
Retro Guru

Tried that too but the only option is a 'picture issue' non of which fit the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:44 pm 
Retro Guru

hmmm...

On the Customer Support page, try the 'Resolution Centre' option under the 'Self Service Tools' list. You'll have to have to click the 'My problem is not listed here' choice after that...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:12 pm 
Retro Guru

Same problem regardless of how you try to report the item. Could be my browser but i dont think so.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:55 pm 
Retro Guru

dan smith wrote:
Same problem regardless of how you try to report the item. Could be my browser but i dont think so.

Have looked at a few different routes and they keeping coming to a dead end I'm afraid. It's a conspiracy! The bar stools!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:59 pm 
rBoTM Winner
rBoTM Winner

I assume that you can not leave feed back since you got a refund?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next