Miffed!

dan smith

Retro Guru
Being quite desperate for a 26.8mm seat post i recently paid a bit more than i wanted to for what was described as a Black ringle seatpost in 'Grate condition'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121174117450?ss ... 1497.l2649

As expected there were extra import duties :evil: but hay ho its is a nice post in good condition and i will get my moneys worth out of it

The post arrived today and guess what...its cracked in two places!

One huge crack alone the full length of the set mount and another on the top of the seat tube its self.

The crack on the seat mount is huge and unmissable, it makes me wonder how people can sell damaged items like this and think the buyer wont notice.

I have emailed the seller for a return address but even if i get a full refund im still going to be out of pocket a fair bit from import duties and postage.

What an A hole, very miffed!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ive been having the same luck on ebay . paying over the odds as ment to be mint. recived an broken ect. i feel to many people are out to rip people off these days. i wouldnt sell anything i knew was broken its wrong in so many ways. mainly safty way

Im tempted to open a paypal claim right away, im really annoyed that someone would sell such a damaged item. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I would post some pics but image shack seems to be having problems..its not my day today.... :facepalm:

Open a claim anyway don't wait. eBay can get the money for you especially as the seller has a commercial account

dan smith":2i6gliuq said:
Im tempted to open a paypal claim right away, im really annoyed that someone would sell such a damaged item. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I would post some pics but image shack seems to be having problems..its not my day today.... :facepalm:

That's crap. eBay definitely seems to have a higher proportion of idiots than it ought to.

I'm being messed around by a bloke asking me to give him positive feedback before I have the item as his Paypal account has been frozen, but he's already sent the item. Except it hasn't arrived yet. Which is unsurprising.

I don't know why eBay don't enforce the seller of the un described item to pay for the return postage. If the item was genuinely described, warts and all you wouldn't have bought it in the first place. It enables sellers to charge extra on top of the actual postage, make a few quid there and keep on selling the dodgy item as many times as they want. Even worse when you've had to pay import duties.

Open a claim and explain the extra costs incurred, you may be able to get these back too?

You should be able to get all of your money back very easily.

I would start with an e-mail to the seller as he may not have been aware of the problem. I sell a lot on ebay, both my personal items, and as an employee for my LBS. The stuff I sell for the shop sometimes has defects that I was not aware of because, well it is not mine.

I have found that most people are honest - but even if this guy tries to stiff you Ebay will definitely refund your money.

Steven

BTW looked at the Ebay listing and the description is very poor so it could be that the guy is just lazy - not that that is an excuse, mind you

I’m quite certain I will get my money back, but not the postage costs and import duties, which I don’t really expect to but I just cannot believe someone would sell something as badly damaged as this and describe it as good condition:

This crack runs the full length of the mount, basically it’s about to split into two pieces at any point

This one is not as bad but still makes the post unusable in my mind

That is a shocker. It is not as if you could use it at all so you should be seeking a full refund, but I don't think you will have much luck with the full shipping cost or duty. Best case scenario I would imagine is the seller might make a full refund but let you keep the post, which you could sell as known faulty to someone wanting it for a garage queen. Pity.

Back