Ebay panic

ellist

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Is there a specific term for the sinking feeling of dread you get when you start to think you might win all of the stuff you are bidding on on E-Bay? :facepalm:

Get it sent to a mates house or several mates houses then bring it in slowly so she doesn't notice then you will be ok...................................................................................... Maybe :!: :!: :!: :LOL:

The 'sinking feeling of dread' I get from eBay is when I start to think I WON'T win the stuff I'm bidding on...

Which of course, is nowhere near as bad a feeling as when you remember you forgot to bid on something you've been hunting for ages, and it sells for £9.74...

ellist":3o3r7jhl said:
Is there a specific term for the sinking feeling of dread you get when you start to think you might win all of the stuff you are bidding on on E-Bay? :facepalm:

I usually find if you think you're about to win something and have changed your mind
outing it on the ebay watch section usually gets you out of trouble :)

I did that once with a Klein Attitude. It didn't have the rigid fork but was still pretty nice with XTR derailleurs. It was $332 with two minutes left. I really didn't need another bike and I wasn't that interested so with one minute left I bid and I was at $335. I don't know why I bid, but I did. The seconds ticked away...30...20 and nothing. "Bid, damn you, Bid!" I cried. 10..9...3..2...1...D'oh!

So, I had an Attitude for $335 + $35 shipping. The positive side, I was able to find a cheap rigid fork. I buy all white jerseys and have them custom airbrushed. I've gotten half a dozen from a very talented and creative local airbrusher. I saw him a few weeks ago and he said, "Hey, do you have a frame I could play around with over the winter?" This guy could really, really go to town on this Attitude. Me thinks it could be a winner after all.

BoyBurning":l9q7l1i4 said:
The 'sinking feeling of dread' I get from eBay is when I start to think I WON'T win the stuff I'm bidding on...

Which of course, is nowhere near as bad a feeling as when you remember you forgot to bid on something you've been hunting for ages, and it sells for £9.74...

ellist":l9q7l1i4 said:

Happened to me this evening, got an important call. :facepalm: Been watching this damn stem all week too and it sold for £8.53 from a UK seller :cry:

What bugs me is people using the sniping software who set some crazy upper limit just to win after you have wasted time waiting, then they don't pay up - with no consequences !! causing hastle to real buyers as well as the seller. They should be barred for 6mths for first offence etc

Rant over :twisted:

Missed the biggy by 2 quid. Arghhhhh. My pet hate is the one in the watch list that goes for f all after you forget, and notice it's not in the list.

Back