Titanium Nitrid bosses... again

TrevorKershaw

Retro Guru
I bought some Titanium Nitrid bosses for my Pace RC35’s but as mentioned in a previous thread, they don’t fit as the threaded section is too short, see picture below.
L to R:
33/34mm Boss from Rear of E3 frame
New 34mm Ti-Ni boss.
Long 38mm boss from RC35's

That’s the bad news. The good news is that they fit the rear of my E3 beautifully.

Question:
Does anyone know where I would find M10 Titanium Nitrid bosses that are 38mm long?
The only ones I could find on Ebay came from Teipei (and very quickly, I might add), but they are only 34mm.

Also, due to the rear ones being fitted to an Alu frame, would I need to use copper ease to prevent siezing, or would the Ti-Ni coating prevent this?

Your thoughts please?

Attachments

• DSCF1709.JPG
    DSCF1709.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 288
Use the 34mm's on the rear with copper-cote, the standard threading won't be a problem on the rear as the braking force is pushing not pulling as when on the aluminium fork. Stainless studs/bosses are available, however not sure in the longer length threading. The canti studs thread length on my Answer 1 fork is 34mm as well and, I never had a problem with them. Always use copper slip on all dissimilar threaded connections!
Cheers

Thanks for the opinions folks. Sounds like they should be okay. I always use copperease anti-seize with differing metals, just in case.

Back