trans-canada trail

rocketboy2000

Devout Dirtbag
getting addicted to XCountry riding instead of XCity riding... would love to do the trans-Canada trail! in parts, mind you... :)

just did south shawnigan lake to lake cowichan... featuring the Kinsol Trestle. classic BC weather by the time I reached lake cowichan, hard rain followed by high winds that dried everything in minutes followed by dead calm with a 500 ft cloud cover! deep rain forest, farms, shocking clear cuts, raging streams... 48km of west coast!

any other accounts of rides on this massive trail?

Attachments

• CAM00069_small.jpg
    CAM00069_small.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 410
I've ridden short bits of the TCT in Kouchibouguac National Park, and in the Fredericton, NB area. In both those cases, graded compacted gravel path, easy and smooth riding, with nice scenery. It'd be something to traverse the country on such a trail, but I don't think it's yet complete.

What a wonderful picture you've posted!

J

Why yes I did. My son and I rode a short section called The Kettle Valley Railroad outside of Kelowna BC just last month.
Not my pics:

Attachments

• kv1.jpg
    kv1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 388
  • kv2.jpg
    kv2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 388
  • kv3.jpg
    kv3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 388
amazing pictures. going to be honest I hadn't heard of the trail until now. But now I have I need to go there at some point in my life. looks a stunning place.

MarinMartin":2qwz2ffa said:
amazing pictures. going to be honest I hadn't heard of the trail until now. But now I have I need to go there at some point in my life. looks a stunning place.
+ 1 :D Awesome place , my ex wife had relations in Victoria and Comox so went over a couple of times , really great place , amazing countrside ,friendly people too .
not so sure they would be so keen on putting me up now though :LOL:
Paul.

Lid":3inzozih said:
Why yes I did. My son and I rode a short section called The Kettle Valley Railroad outside of Kelowna BC just last month.

going to try and make this famous part of the trail next year. aren't there even some abandoned mining towns along the route?

I have, but just some urban stretches that come through Vancouver. Doing the whole KVR is on my bucket list. Fair warning though - not all of the TCT is cycleable. So if you plan to ride it research your route and figure out which parts are fit for cycling and which you need to find an alternate route.

Good advice as the trail in our area was shut. It's a hell of a long way around anything like this.
Also there has been the odd fire.

Attachments

• map.gif
    map.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 313
  • kv4.jpg
    kv4.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 313
Back