Sticky residue

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
If one was to use nail polish remover to errr. remove stickers from a frame, would the said nail polish remover leave a residue on the frame ?

A quick answer would be great lads, before the mrs gets back in. :LOL:

I'm outta acetone WD, but out of the selection of possibles I have, WD 40, washing up liquid, bleech, shaving gel, Mr Muscle oven cleaner, nail polish remover , Half tin's of Dulux (other brands available) assorted matt and satin paints, , nail polish remover might be the way to go, as I'm outta of acetone, but have white spirit, but know white spirit leaves a residue ?

Acetone = nail polish remover (I would steer clear / only use as a last resort).

WD40 would be my choice from your list.

Ref white spirt : It's rare that it leaves any residue (if used with clean rags) and the only things I have found it to leave behind is a very light misting on the surface which wipes off easily with a clean cloth when dry :D Is your bottle contaminated ?

WD :D

Lighter petrol, the stuff you can buy in the news agents for Zippo lighters, works a treat on stickers and glue, leaves no residue and won't harm paint.

xerxes":ds2wvtq5 said:
Lighter petrol, the stuff you can buy in the news agents for Zippo lighters, works a treat on stickers and glue, leaves no residue and won't harm paint.

...swat I've used successfully before...or for the more patient...a hairdryer on hot and my thumb and a lot of rubbing!

Autoglym tar and bug remover is what I use, designed to be used on paintwork for this exact purpose so zero chance of paint damage.

Carl.

Back