Pace RC 35

TrevorKershaw

Retro Guru
Hi Folks,

I have a pair of Pace RC35’s, which are pictured below. I have a couple of questions about them.

1/ Are the red and blue ends on the shoulders of the crown standard or were they add-ons?

2/ How do I spruce up the tired carbon legs without wrecking them?

3/ What is the difference between the MXC and the MXCD? These ones have 40mm of travel.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSCF1690.JPG
    DSCF1690.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 725
I was told last week that the D stands for damping.
The MXC didn't have damping. I believe there is a control knob on the ones with damping.
Can't help with the rest though!

Trevor

The goatsurfer guide

http://www.goatsurfer.com/pace_forks.html

Try pace themselves

http://www.pacecycles.com/?page_id=355

mxcd's are a longer travel version as above, the corwn's are different and not interchangeable.

The red and blue crown caps are / were available for pimping - i think they were all silver a standard unless you had a scapin derivative or similar.

Mild car polish (autoglym or farecla paint restorer polish) can be used to spring clean the carbon (it's a wrap not a structural part)

Tim (justbackdated) on here it ex pace and the fork guru (fork english) - search using his user name and you'll find out loads and contact him for spares and interchangeability, etc

Presume bars not arrived yet?

And :cool:

Re:

Undo the two steerer bolts on the crown and then hit the steerer through the crown with a rubber mallet a couple of inches and then the race should loosen off

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":2dzstiz9 said:
Undo the two steerer bolts on the crown and then hit the steerer through the crown with a rubber mallet a couple of inches and then the race should loosen off

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Re:

Mxc's are narrower than mxcd's ..not sure why that is at all relevant but I learnt that from Tim last week so thought I'd share the knowledge :D

I have removed the crown race from the forks and am installing the one that came with the Ritchey Scuzzy Logic headset. I used a 10 inch length of 32mm pvc tubing capped at one end. I then gently knock the end cap with a rubber mallet. Each time I try the race veers off to one side and won't sit straight.

I have chased out all of the crud from the joins on the fork crown to try and reduce the diameter of the crown race seat to make things easier, but to no avail. see pictures.

Has anyone got any tips on how to fit it correctly, or is this a job I need to defer to the bike shop?

BTW is that a reducer shim on the steerer tube? (1 1/8" to 1"?) This is the first time I have removed the ST and was surprised to see the alu part.

Attachments

• DSC_1372.JPG
    DSC_1372.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 426
  • DSC_1373.JPG
    DSC_1373.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 426
Back