What to do with a GT Zaskar Le - HELP!

Animal

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, I've not posted before and to say I'm out of the loop would be an understatement. I've decided to something with my '93 gt zaskar le (pictured) as it been in the garage gathering dust for years now. Custom built when new but now needs some TLC

Spec:
GT Zaskar le frame (August 93)
PACE RC30 chrome forks but of rust spots in places (gen 2)
Shimano deor DX front and rear set
Shims no deor lx chain set
Tioga avenger oversized tone super lite headset
Tioga mountaineer L2000 bars
Shimano deor sis levers and brakes
The skinniest campag ATEK 6082 rims with deor lx hubs
Wearing nokiacity runner tyres but have original pan racer smoke dart knobbliest.

Ian really not sure what to do with it.
Should I decal it and polish?
Should I get the original forks refurbed?
Should I keep the retro gears etc?

At a loss with what to do with it, any good advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 500
cheers fellas. I'm keen to get the rust off the forks, what do u suggest as simple metal polish and wire wool doesnt quite do it. have u seen any similar queries on the forum before?

I have tried a few things and found "Peak" polish (I think it's called) was the best.

Was a recommendation on here.

Looks like a nice Zaskar :)

Try rubbing screwed up alu foil dipped in water (or lemon juice if you have it) on the forks, you might be surprised. Failing that 0000 grade steel wool, but dont press too hard.

Other than that she's a beaut, What are you waiting for, go ride!

Cheers guys, thanks for the advice. I'm buzzin about making it shiny and new but might just break it down, give it a good deep clean and then get back on it instead.

Another vote here, for just getting out on it as it is..

If something's knackered then yeah replace it.. But otherwise there's not much point?

Back