Removal of none original decals from ano frame?

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys I have recently gotten hold of a 94 gt Zaskar in aqua blue.
All sounds good so far!
The previous owner has put some shimano and random decals on the seat tube and at the bottom of the seat stays are.
How can I remove them with out removing the blue ano too?

Would that work ok with coloured ano?

I know it does with clear but would it lighten the area where the decal is?
Or am I being too cautious with this!

I have absolutely no idea what so ever. You could always try it on the underside of the bb first where no one will notice if the heat discolours it a bit.

A blowtorch will damage it. As will boiling water over a period of time.
I'm not sure about a hairdryer, I wouldn't expect it to though, especially for the short time you'll be using it in small areas.

most stickers of a certain age will be solvent based adhesive - white spirit, a dab of unleaded, possibly (though unlikely) meths, may well soften the glue and remove the remaining adhesive. You could also try a paint thinners or solvents (cellulose thinners, humbrol, etc).

Though I'd say these are very unlikely to damage proper anno - as suggested above try on an inconspicuous area 1st - the wife's bike for example ;)

GL :)

Archemist":3r1kqlk0 said:
most stickers of a certain age will be solvent based adhesive - white spirit, a dab of unleaded, possibly (though unlikely) meths, may well soften the glue and remove the remaining adhesive. You could also try a paint thinners or solvents (cellulose thinners, humbrol, etc).

Though I'd say these are very unlikely to damage proper anno - as suggested above try on an inconspicuous area 1st - the wife's bike for example ;)

GL :)

Now that is funny. Wife's bike. :facepalm:

Back