Alpinestars Al-Mega DX owner saying hi

El Cabron

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

So, after many years of gathering dust and being used as a hanger for various garden tools, I've dug out my old bike with a view to fixing her up. I bought her new in 1990 from a bike shop in Liverpool and, as I recall, she's a 15 inch frame (I'm 5'8'' and the seat is at the right height, to give it perspective). On the whole she's in pretty good nick, although she's very faded and the seat is really damaged. There are no cracks in the frame, but the more eagle eyed of you may spot a bolt on bracket for the rear derailleur as the very tip snapped off- gears work perfectly well, but it is a bit of a bummer. Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on here for help and tips to restore her I reckon!

All the best,

Mark

Attachments

• Bike_gear_side.JPG
    Bike_gear_side.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Bike_back.JPG
    Bike_back.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Bike_front.JPG
    Bike_front.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Bike_side_plain_side.JPG
    Bike_side_plain_side.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 293
Welcome to the forum :D

You don't see all that many pre-estay Alpinestars knocking about, so yours is definitely worth a bit of time and attention to get it back up to scratch.

Thanks, I'll give it a good go. I'm in no rush so hopefully I'll be able to do it right and as sympathetically as possible. Not sure how available original parts are, but I suppose if I can't find them here I won't find them at all.....

Back