Pace frames???

welly

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Need a little help understanding the difference in the pace frames. I keep seeing rc200. Rc100,rc300. F200 ( I think)

Can someone point me in the direction of what the differences are please.

Many thanks.

rc100 are very cool

rc200 are cool
rc300 are nearly cool

seriously though lots of minimal frame changes over the years, i think goatsurfer??? webpage and pace's site explain lots, google pace frames and images, absolutely tones of info etc,some of mine too ;)

Rc100 is the oldest of the 3 and the rc300 has a carbon seat tube.

All three go like rockets and are not intended to be ridden slowly. I would be very reluctant to part with mine.

secret_squirrel":10yimdne said:
Essentially model year for rc200's - generally but not always there was a frame mod or different anodizing that year.

So am I correct in saying F2 2002
F4 2004 etc etc??

welly":74tu15j4 said:
secret_squirrel":74tu15j4 said:
Essentially model year for rc200's - generally but not always there was a frame mod or different anodizing that year.

So am I correct in saying F2 2002
F4 2004 etc etc??
Almost - the f number is roughly a digit behind so the F2 appears in the 1993 catalog. I have a feeling there may have been at least 1 'short' or 'long' year as well so they may be a little more/less out of sync by F8. Don't quote me on that last bit though.

Check for yourself http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... /Pace/Cat/

RC100 was the original incarnation of the frame, it was sold as a full bike. This was about 1990-91 ish. A few RC100 frames may have been supplied as frame only.

RC200 was the RC100 but sold as a bare frame. Original RC200s are rare as hen's teeth, I'm guessing a lot have been rebuilt/resprayed/rebadged as Rc100s. Pace then stopped selling complete bikes and started selling frame only; this coincided wuth a tweak which was the f2. Original RC200s retrospectively became f1s. So as you can guess the 'f' referred to the next incarnation of the frame which has had a minor tweak of frame. For example, if memory serves me right they had all square tubing upto f4. From f4 on the seat tube was round. When they got upto f8 (which they stopped making about 2002) they also started making a variant with a carbon seat tube - the RC300. With the exception of the change from square to round seat tube, the tweaks aren't that noticeable. The most obvious distinction between f numbers is the decals, headbadge and frame colours.

Pace changed their frame numbers after a wee while (F4) and the frame number tells you which variant they are, this is followed by the size and then the build number. If you look at the Pace Serial number thread ( viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20895 ) on here you'll see how it all works, and get a rough idea of how many they made in the 12 or so years square Pace frames were in production. Have a look for Rich's Pace timeline, and the variants are all illustrated.

My RC200f8 was one of the last built, and has an RC300 headtube, which normal f8s don't have. Does that make it an f8.5 or f9?

WOW !!!!

How helpfull are you guys !!!

Many thanks for all this, it certainly makes it all a lot clearer.

Thanks again.

Back