Mystery Elevated chainstay bike ?

ozone1

Retro Guru
Anyone have any idea what this may be? I can make out "M550" on the top tube, referring to the M550 LX group set, I expect the second pic showing the down tobe piercing the seat tube may be a bit of an idea,

Oh and it's not a trick question - I really have no idea, but am looking at purchasing it if it's priced right

cheers
Gdog

Attachments

• 282599411.jpg
    282599411.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2,358
  • 282599572.jpg
    282599572.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,358
Its All but the same as the black one that the Video Jet man has, Minus the welded head gusset, slighty different on the cable routing.

Defo Far east made, sadly that's the best I can do.

Heres another.

Attachments

• P1090925_zps8c76611f.jpg
    P1090925_zps8c76611f.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2,281
  • 906318_10200977256664593_2130291572_o.jpg
    906318_10200977256664593_2130291572_o.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2,283
The one above is actually sold under the "Hawk" brand name, for department store chains, if you look the pierced seat tubes are the same on all.

Im sure the powdercoated black one is repair and refinish in black and not a Nishiki sadly. (I would happily be proved wrong though)

great info guys, def the same as the Hawk ...he's the Hawk, the Hawk, Hawk Hawkings (search it on youtube - VERY funny)

Differs from the black Nishiki by way that all the tube run along the top tube, the lack of the gusset and the slightly squashed look of the top end of the down tube, more than likely all made by a similar factory though I think, all LX running gear and looks like its done bugger all work, logos not even worn on the cranks, as for a far east built bike - the seller says the guy he brought it off said he purchsed it in Belgium, might be worth a gamble for $100 NZ you recon?

Hi

@sinnerman : thanks that u felt free to publish My Pic of My Bike without asking me for permission.
The both frames Nishiki and Hawk are not identical, and Hawk was to my knowledge not a Dept. Store Brand.

sinnerman":3fs6c93v said:
Its All but the same as the black one that the Video Jet man has, Minus the welded head gusset, slighty different on the cable routing. Defo Far east made, sadly that's the best I can do.
Heres another.

this is it's actual condition.
I guess the MA550 had just a diferent group attached. Frame looks similar. I HATE the way they guided the FD-Wire, it is rediculous.

Attachments

• MA-750_Inc 02_022_small.jpg
    MA-750_Inc 02_022_small.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 2,062
yeah... but this pic in my house hall is way old and not the original condition. On THIS Pic, it is in original condition except wheels, tyres and Gripshifts. I hated them once, but nowadays when my thumb's base knuckle is badly worn i start accepting gripshift... the wheels on the pic u took from google are the original, XT Hubs and bronce Alesac rims (as I see also on the TopicStarters one). Original Tyres were Tioga Psycho with brown sides, the bike store lost one of them when the centered the backwheel. I still have, I may switch back to have in in as close as bought condition. I friend of mine bought it in early '90s originally, it was 2300,-DM originally.

HawkMA750":107aphvh said:
yeah... but this pic in my house hall is way old and not the original condition. On THIS Pic, it is in original condition except wheels, tyres and Gripshifts. I hated them once, but nowadays when my thombs base knuckle is worn i like gripshift...

Sadly when it is on Google Images for the world to see NO one is privy to Where pics are taken.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Thx :)
I was just looking from time to time - and today I first time see another Hawk ECS :)
UK Forum, british users? I'm in germany..

Back