Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:41 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: A fat lip from a moth
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:40 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
Not a joke, recovering today from a HUGE moth hitting me right in the chops last night :shock: :shock: :shock: :P

Was going in excess of 35mph when this huge moth smacked me right in the 'jaggers' I have a nice fat lip now, the moth fared far worse its was obliterated on impact.

So my lips are tougher than a moth 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
I feel you pain mate! Literally! I had some flying moth/beetle object hit my eye lid the other night and it swelled up the next day and hurt for days! It may have even been a bat lol!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:38 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
wookiee wrote:
I feel you pain mate! Literally! I had some flying moth/beetle object hit my eye lid the other night and it swelled up the next day and hurt for days! It may have even been a bat lol!


OUCH :) :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
widowmaker wrote:
wookiee wrote:
I feel you pain mate! Literally! I had some flying moth/beetle object hit my eye lid the other night and it swelled up the next day and hurt for days! It may have even been a bat lol!


OUCH :) :!:



Your telling me! The shock was one thing! But then the f**k me that hurt was the next!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
I saw this moth, (although it could have been a small bird or even a squirrel for that matter) out of the corner of my eye and them BLAM, the taste of blood :)

My only (recent) injury on a bike :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
Ha your not trying hard enough! In the last month I have gone over the bars twice and regularily come back from my rides with scratched arms and legs from the darn brambles!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:54 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
wookiee wrote:
Ha your not trying hard enough! In the last month I have gone over the bars twice and regularily come back from my rides with scratched arms and legs from the darn brambles!


I am saving it up for the BIG ONE :(

Or when I forget the get out of the cleats at a crossroads :facepalm:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:00 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
widowmaker wrote:
wookiee wrote:
Ha your not trying hard enough! In the last month I have gone over the bars twice and regularily come back from my rides with scratched arms and legs from the darn brambles!


I am saving it up for the BIG ONE :(

Or when I forget the get out of the cleats at a crossroads :facepalm:


There is the reason I don't ride clip in pedals! Still have the "bearcage" toeclip setup! I have "stalled" too often on a steeper than expected hill! And also rammed into the back of a fellow rider with SPD's when they have done the stall themselves and bailed! (Ask PyroTim!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:04 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 2922
Location: Dorset
On the road bike I have them but never on my mtb, like the free feeling 8)

Which reminds me, its time for a SW ride isn't it ??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:06 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am
Posts: 4437
Location: Near Southampton
Most def! I have been in talks with Makster about another ride but I am on holiday from the 8th to the 24th Sept....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Double-E F, Google Adsense [Bot] and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group