How to section?

swannymere

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Is there any merit in asking for a 'How To....' section? to be started?

I'm fairly clued up but struggle with the occasional thing like how do i cut gear/brake outers leaving a smooth finish? I've got very good cable cutters but always end up with a poor finish especially with the multiple wire strand versions as opposed to the spiral twist. Cheers in anticipation.

Decent cable cutter should give a perfectly acceptable result?

You only cover them up with ferrules and crimps anyway...

We_are_Stevo":2x829g1f said:
Decent cable cutter should give a perfectly acceptable result?

You only cover them up with ferrules and crimps anyway...

It's not about the look for me, i always detect a little resistance and rubbing but the dremel idea sounds great. I use Shimano cable cutters and they're great for cable inners but he outers are a little harder to get a neat finish.

Resistance... Use something like a wooden skewer to open up the end and shape the inner liner.
And buy smoother cables.

I always stick a cocktail stick in the outer and go clean through it with the angle grinder.. This way usually ensure the hole isn't compromised to trap the inner...

Once I've cut I use a jewellers screwdriver to make sure there are no rough edges inside.

How to section: doctor and a social worker? :LOL:

The cocktail stick idea is a great idea, cheers. Also, i'd like to apologise for putting the question mark in the wrong place in the title of the thread, i'm just off to ratchet up the cilice.

Back