Chainrings for LX/XT M569/M739?

doubledeuce

Dirt Disciple
Bought a bike with an LX M569 chainset (the chainrings are all worn), is there somewhere you can still buy the outer rings new? My bike shop said they can't get them anymore and the whole chainset needs replacing.

My other bike has an M739 too so a spare would be good.

Cheers

The chainrings are still readily available, try Stronglight ones from Spa Cycles.
Shimano chainrings are frankly rubbish for durability, Stronglight or TA last far longer.

Tbh I chucked a new alivio chainset on because the bike isn't particularly retro anyway (aluminium Trek 8000) and the bikes just a gift for my niece. Tbh it works fine, very smooth gears. Cheers for the pm's might buy a spare outer ring off one of you for my Saracen this week.

BTW if anyone wants the old LX chainset they're welcome to it for post. its fine apart from the middle & outer ring

Your LBS is correct. They are no longer available. Occasionally they do turn up at cycle jumbles as well as the even rarer and much more useful 5 arm spider.

doubledeuce":l1h735qf said:
BTW if anyone wants the old LX chainset they're welcome to it for post. its fine apart from the middle & outer ring
I wouldn't mind some spare arms please. I'll send you a PM...

drystonepaul":30bv8t6q said:
Your LBS is correct. They are no longer available. Occasionally they do turn up at cycle jumbles as well as the even rarer and much more useful 5 arm spider.

doubledeuce":30bv8t6q said:
I wouldn't mind some spare arms please. I'll send you a PM...
You can buy the 5-arm spider as a spare part. Expensive though.
Or look for the stx-rc mc40's 4-arm modern ring spider. People tend to give these away.

Back