Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:23 am 
Retro Guru

Hi all
Out in the van yesterday and had to drop some bits off at a bodyshop who work out of some farm buildings,
anyway could not find anyone at the unit so went and knocked on the house door ,while trying to not get attacked by two black labs i noticed an old frame hanging in an apple tree !! it has been there a long time by the looks of it , originally white its now covered in green mould n rust but i could still make out Fisher on the down tube , such a shame to see it rotting away like that , i could not see a model on it but i would guess maybe a Montare or Hkek ? it had the lugged seatstay , top tube joint and the headtube was tig welded not smooth brazed , it had a polished rear u brake so i think it was a Deore model , had the original high roller stem but not a bulge flat bar .
The guy eventually answered the door but when i mentioned it he seemed a bit miffed and went on about how rare and valuable he thought it was and that it was not for sale :roll:
Miserable git :x I would liked to have a taken a picture to find out what it was and had a good look just to see if it was totally shot .
All in all pretty frustrating :facepalm:

Paul.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:05 pm 
Retro Guru

Your frustrations put me in mind of this - kleenex at the ready?

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/20301/abandoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Retro Cat wrote:
Your frustrations put me in mind of this - kleenex at the ready?

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/20301/abandoned
OMG ! that is painfull :cry:
except the Allegro estate of course lol ! who would have thought an Austin a40 could look that cool , i will wade through link till tissues ru out :lol:

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:14 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

He has it hanging in a tree, rusting away? That's a hell of a way to treat something apparently so "rare and valuable"! :facepalm:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:29 pm 
Retro Guru

bikey :) wrote:
He has it hanging in a tree, rusting away? That's a hell of a way to treat something apparently so "rare and valuable"! :facepalm:
Tell me about it , it must have been there for years and will probably stay there for years too . only becomes valuable when someone takes an interest in it :roll:
There is a local guy who does some car repairs and breaking etc who had a boss mustang and a v12 jag in his yard for years and wanted such silly money he let them rot away rather than drop the prices , his son ended up cutting the jag up and nailing the lump in an old capri !!
Paul.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:39 am 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider

Something like this perhaps??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 am 
Retro Guru

Yeah there's a few super commuters slowly destroying some nice machines here, that shits me...at least they're used though.

Reminds me of a Mazda RX-3 near my work, its in a backyard under a tree with an early 60s Falcon sedan delivery. Neither have moved in years, maybe decades. Both with flat tyres sitting nearly sill deep in leaf litter, but owners pay registration every year and refuse to sell.