What retro part have you accidentally hoarded?

secret_squirrel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I don't know if this happens to anyone else but I seem to accidentally gathered a hoard of Retro hubs - I have hope ones shimano ones even some Sachs ones. Thats without counting the ones in single odsie wheels - silly thing is that I've never had a wheelset built to order in my life.

Does this happen to anyone else? If so which components?

I found a jar with some old bits / spares for Weinmann brakes which I had for 30 years despite until recently not having a bike with any weinmanns on for at least 20

I have some Tioga Revolver cranks that I can't see myself ever fitting.

Must not forget my retro tyre obsession. Shelves of Panaracer, Ritchey & Tioga tyres that should last me until about the year 2050.

GT frames, can't resist em. Figure they can't get any cheaper.
Sucker for low-end with a pretty paint job (I have four of the 'flame frames' now).

08e8c104-0c97-4a23-b079-3d441d95b60d_zpsf4e803c0.jpg

Gt Borrego Forks and a few Suntour XC bits.. my Borrego frame snapped ages ago ... I wish I still had the Borrego though.

Sorry.. I re-read this topic and realise I'm not hoarding :oops:

Crap low end mechs. Mostly dirty. It started as a result of friends constantly breaking theirs and turning to me to fix their bikes. The collection still seems to grow however, as I seem to always upgrade mechs whenever I get a bike. Even my retromod recently received a carbon XTR mech, so the barely used XT mech went back in its original box and onto a shelf. :facepalm:

Back