pace RC35

Staniland

Dirt Disciple
hi all,

might be a silly question, but whats the standard travel on these forks...... i think i know the answer but i dunno if its that simple...

+ my rc35's seem really solid, my handlebars are flexing before the forks are moving... any thoughts? :!:

Staniland":2mq46j07 said:
hi all,

might be a silly question, but whats the standard travel on these forks...... i think i know the answer but i dunno if its that simple...

+ my rc35's seem really solid, my handlebars are flexing before the forks are moving... any thoughts? :!:

your handlebars are flexing? :shock:

Not sure what std travel is, maybe an inch?

Mine were the opposite before I serviced them; they were squishy and 'dead' feeling. Turned out the elastomers had turned to powdery sludge.

Yours are seized by the sounds of things, but nothing that a hammer and a vice can't fix :D

Yeah, get them apart........the elastomers go 'off', after which the forks are lifeless.......the good news is its an easy fix!......

45mm-65mm (1.5" to 2.5") depending on model. You should be easily able to tell they are moving even if you have hard elastomers and are waif like.
If the py don't move with the bounce up and down on the bars with the front brake locked on test its off to Justbackdated or Pace for some new elastomers.

Back