To sell or keep for spares - lts-1 content

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
In my excitement at owning an sts I bought an lts-1 that I was going to keep for spare parts. I initially intended to swap the rear shock over, as my sts had a coupe deluxe and the lts has a super deluxe, but I've now sourced a fox shock, that with a little mod, will fit so have no need to. I also bought a spare deluxe shock too.

So my question is, should I hang on to the frame set for spares (everything seems nice and tight bushing/linkage wise), or should I let it go to someone who will use/abuse it now, and as/when the need arises, but spares as required?

Space is an issue, as are funds, so I'm erring on the side if selling, but will I regret it when the time comes for spares? Unless I break the sts, I can get bearings/bushings from betd, and I've shock options now.

What would the wise sages on rb do?

Whilst on the topic, I have a similar dilemma with an rts frame - any wise words of advice appreciated.

I would personally keep it, just because I have a weak spot for old GT's. I Now have the LTS-DH, STS-DH, STS-DH Lobo, RTS-1, Zaskar Le and if I had the money to get my hands on another one, I would keep it in the shed with all the other GTs. If budget is tight, I rather sell my old Tommaso road bike before I even think of letting go of a GT. again, that's just me because I have a need to hoard them LOL and if I could have 50, I would :p

If I had the space I would keep it as it could come in handy in the future, but space is tight and the sts is in fine fettle so its on its way out of the fold. Cheap as chips too.

Unless you have a set of White Onza Porcs that take some time to find / track down. I would sell it!

If you are not using it there is no need to keep things around for a rainy day. Free up mental and physical space by selling off the clutter and keeping your garage lean and mean. Everything can be tracked down online when the time comes. We are constantly getting in amazing vintage parts and have learned to let them go up on ebay without keeping them for some project down the line. They just create clutter and when the time comes to build up a project we end up hitting the internet anyways to round out the details.

My 2 cents

Nick

Too late, she's sold, but on the plus side, I found a nos super deluxe shock today that the sale paid for :D

Back