Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:17 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 pm 
Retro Guru

So now that I'm finished building up my CX based commuter and the Zaskar work bike I'm Jonesing for another build/bike. There is a Stratos near me that looks in good shape for a very attractive price. There is a Stumpjumper even closer that looks nice - bit pricier though. I owned a 92 Stumpy....

Should I get one or the other? I could sell my Free Ride bike which I don't ride any longer to make space.....

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:10 pm 
Retro Guru

Dude.....I'm at 12 bikes in the garage right now.....not including frames that I WANNA build! My wife hates me!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 pm 
Retro Guru

including projects I now have 8. (4 mountain bikes, 1 jump bike, 1 road bike and 2 BMXs. will be thinning down a couple of them but getting another mountain bike for my main transport so not going to gain much space haha. they wont all fit in my shed :roll: (they come up cheap and I like them so I get them) Hell Ive got so many Ive actually been accused of dealing in bikes :lol: so nobody will sell me any :cry: (I dont deal in them by the way, not skilled enough to do that)

Be honest how many times have any of you told yourself 'no more bikes'? and how many times have you completely disregarded that when you see something you really want?

its an addiction, but I love it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Chickenball wrote:
Dude.....I'm at 12 bikes in the garage right now.....not including frames that I WANNA build! My wife hates me!

I remember us having a chin wag using the pm facility when you first started this.........I did warn you!..... :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 am 
Retro Guru

I was very good for many years and kept things to one bike using the one in one out rule - much to my disappointment as I've deeply regretted selling some of my old steel hard tails. Eventually I couldn't commute on my mountain bike so I added a commuter. Then I found that I needed a back up to the commuter for those days when it packed it in unexpectedly or I wanted something a little less nice for the winter. Then I thought it would be nice to get a road bike because I didn't get out to ride my mountain bike any more and some of the other guys had road bikes. Now I have four which matches the number of kids/spouses bikes. They all live in my very cramped garage which I never managed to organize after we moved into this place (twins and a toddler'll do that to you).

Sigh.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:37 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Where are you on the left side?........a friend of mine married a chap from Alberta and as a result I have canoed lake minnewanka, ski'd at lake Louise and banff, had a gun pointed at me, sat in a scooby doo style thunderstorm, had enough time to go for a short walk at a level crossing as the worlds longest train passed, ridden through the ice fields, hiked on the Athabaskan glacier in flip flops, seen plus 35 and minus 28 in one place and been chased by a bear!......your country is the only one I could have torn up my passport in and disappeared!......it's a wonderful place!...... :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:10 am 
Retro Guru

I live in BC on the coast in Vancouver. You saw some amazing country on your trip - the Rockies are breath taking.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

25 bike frames currently, only about 3-4 working bikes. You lot dont really have an addiction yet, you can still seek help !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:21 pm 
Retro Guru

My mate bought 4 frames last week. (looked at a 5th bike).

It's all for sale this week, got his Visa accepted for Oz.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:22 pm 
Retro Guru

minor_LEGEND wrote:
My mate bought 4 frames last week. (looked at a 5th bike).

It's all for sale this week, got his Visa accepted for Oz.

Anything decent? No, no, I'm not interested......... (In quiet voice (anything decent? :xmas-wink:))