Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:41 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:26 pm 
Retro Guru

Quality memories! I'm second on that fun category finishers list - could never bring myself to do more than one lap!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 pm 

Funny how shit happens...went out for a easy ride in the purbecks on sunday....was going dowhill nine barrow down to corfe castle the last stretch....been down it hundreds of times...halfaay down doing 33mph front tire blowout..went off the edge ws unconscious for about 50 minutes eventally climbed uo to path totally dazed..2 hikers luckily realized I was in shit called ambulance....
Been laid up since..2 broken vertibra one really bad...and cracked eye socket....just had spine brace fitted..12 weeks recovery if I am lucky....and wpuld you believe the guys with me following didnt stop so I was left unconscious in bramble for 50 odd minutes....when im strong enough im gonna have a word with them...sorry rambling in hospital laid up an bored

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 pm 
Retro Guru

ravenvrider wrote:
Funny how shit happens...went out for a easy ride in the purbecks on sunday....was going dowhill nine barrow down to corfe castle the last stretch....been down it hundreds of times...halfaay down doing 33mph front tire blowout..went off the edge ws unconscious for about 50 minutes eventally climbed uo to path totally dazed..2 hikers luckily realized I was in shit called ambulance....
Been laid up since..2 broken vertibra one really bad...and cracked eye socket....just had spine brace fitted..12 weeks recovery if I am lucky....and wpuld you believe the guys with me following didnt stop so I was left unconscious in bramble for 50 odd minutes....when im strong enough im gonna have a word with them...sorry rambling in hospital laid up an bored

Jesus :shock:

Hope you mend well and back riding soon :!:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:41 pm 
Retro Guru

ravenvrider wrote:

:shock: :shock:

Get well soon! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:13 pm 
Retro Guru

best wishes/speedy recovery Ravenrider.
Just goes to show you need to be carefull out there even on familiar trails & always tell someone where you are going. (god I sound old)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 am 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider

Sorry to hear that mate, hope the road to recovery is less bumpy x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 am 

Thanks guys I just cant believe racing for all those years and having loads of crashes. ...this has been my worst by far...just when I was getting back into it

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:27 pm 

Hi people, a friend mentioned this forum to me and said was some posts on the inside park races, I remember doing all these as a youth/junior. Have dug out some results if anyone is interested to see if you can spot your names!. There is a new race series running there now over the winter organised by local shop http://offcamber.co.uk if you want to relive the experience!

Inside Park Results 1

Inside Park Results 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:55 am 

Awesome stuff Kim,

Thanks for that, some famous/infamous names there, I missed out at Blandford after 92 as I went to Uni up in London and did cross for a while instead.

Welcome to the forum :)

Rich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:04 pm 

Hello all,

found some pics of racing at ISP think these are early 90's

cheers

Greener

Attachments:
Scan_Pic0004.jpg
Scan_Pic0004.jpg [ 160.63 KiB | Viewed 44 times ]
Scan_Pic0003.jpg
Scan_Pic0003.jpg [ 155.91 KiB | Viewed 44 times ]