Races, at the Inside park, Blandford 1992-94

ravenvrider

Retro Newbie
Hello, i was wondering if anyone had any images from any races at the Inside park, Blandford, Dorset 92/93 and 94 which was the first ever SAMS series race, interested in any images but especially any that show the main site,start,stands etc.

While i am at it, any similar images from the big races in Puddletown forest Dorset around 93 and 94 which was called the Southern Area mountainbike Team Championships.

Long time ago now, trying to remember what went on and a few images may help, thanks.

Glad you enjoyed it, i organised all 5 of those races unfortunately i was too busy to take any photos and now i am trying to make a little personal mtb history file so my son knows i wasnt always a boring old git!

Me!!

I had some cracking shots of the 1992 southern area MTB champs, those photos are possibly somewhere at my parents house though in the UK :(

Have a few of the Inside Park though which I'll post up, 1992 BMBF and the 1991 muddy as heck race

Rich

1992 Puddletown Southern Area MTB champs, Junior start

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 697
1991 and 1992 Inside Park National races

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 691
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 691
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 690
Wow i remember doing the Southern Area Champs and the SAMS races.

I remember the King Alfreds tower race in the mud but always fondly remember the Checkendon rounds just for the singletrack let alone the rest of the course :cool:

Who even remembers the Eastern winter series races.

Those were great Rich thanks, i like the start ones they show how many were there, i remember the first time i stood in front of the FUN startline to give the rider briefing i was shocked (over 300) in one line!

Ive just realised you caught 2 of my team riders on the junior start, the Cannondale/poole mtb centre riders in red, Chris Potter on the line and i think thats Philip Stonelake sorting out ihis bike! Keep them coming :)

Would be good to see some from the bombhole at the inside park that was utter carnage!

Poole MTB Centre... that takes me back, I bought my first Panaracer Smokes from there and drooled over the Oranges and Cannondales. Awesome.

SP

Werent the races at Blandford known as the 'Rio Riva challenge'? I never got around to racing them for some reason but I did go along with a mate one year 94 iirc.

I also raced the SAMS race at Puddletown in 95 iirc. The last XC race I did I think, my bike was stolen the day after & things were never the same after that.

Happy Days!

Back