Polish, decals then clearcoat?

WWC

Senior Retro Guru
Hi again all

My mystery GT (looks like 92 Zasky, smells like a 92 Zasky but has been modified with a replicable mech hanger and has NO identification marks or numbers) is very close to being built (as a Zasky).

Stage one polish – What’s most fool proof method?
Decals – Just man-up and concentrate? Or is there another way?
Protecting – Clearcoat? Some other protection method?

All help appreciated!

If it's bare alloy and not too scratched, household brasso works a treat. Use plenty of elbow grease. This is the method
I've always used, though there are plenty of others. Just type a few key words into the search box and you should get some suitable results.
Same for the decals. Study some pics of Zaskars for correct positioning and pay attention to the instructions that may come with your stickers.
To clearcoat or not the choice is yours. If I had a bare alloy frame I'd be inclined to keep that way, periodically re-shining with brasso when I felt the need.

Autosol and lots of old tea towels; gone through gallons of the stuff in my time, especially when my bikes had engines!

I used to have a link to a company that made decals specifically for being clear coated over (as in powder coat-type clear coat) but do you think I can find it! :facepalm:

Latest posts

Back