my bike got stolen, can anyone reccomend better locks ??

raleighrider21

Retro Guru
hi guys,
my Raleigh outlaw was stolen, most of you probably saw my build thread, but anyway..
had the bike back together and rode it 3 times. quickly locked it up outside asda and went in to grab some bread and milk. come out to find my bike gone and lock on the ground. so if anyone sees my Raleigh about could you let me know, it looks pretty much same as it did before, it was sanded down a bit but still could see the splatters a bit, it had white grips and continental sport contacts on. not overly bothered about it just pissed with myself for locking it up with a crap lock in a area not covered by cctv.
can anyone recommend good locks for my next bike, I was using a bell cable lock and put it through the front wheel and frame then around the bike rack, ive lost all faith in my bell locks even the D locks, so can anyone recommend better locks ?

work have "kindly" :roll: borrowed me a Apollo slant :roll: that got bought back as a damaged unit. ive never ridden such a awfull bike ! cant wait to get a better bike !

don't really care what it costs right now, want some decent locks that will stop my next one getting nicked ! hopefully I can get the raliegh mtrax rsp frame that poweredbypies sold me for £10 when I bent the lizard frame built up soon.
thanks for link to that lock.

player":2869wbe3 said:
Anything made by Abus.

Not cheap but all handmade in Germany.
Roger that, my Abus Granit withstood an attack in Milton Keynes many years ago. It was mangled - cctv showed the low lives using foot pump pneumatic bolt croppers - but it held. Nothings invincible, but that's no reason not to do the best you can.

Back