V brakes on canti frame kona

naboo

Devout Dirtbag
Having trouble putting vs on the back of my Hahanna, no cable stop, just the kona collar that sits below the seat clamp with a cable guide in it for canti brakes, seems if I use this it puts too much resistance on the brakes as the angle is too tight?! Any tips?

Cheers

I ran a drill into the kona dog collet so the cable sits nice and snug, works beautiful :) cheers for the tips

Find some kind soul who will give you a short length of Nokon outer and liner (Nokon cable from CR). Works perfectly as it's so much softer laterally than conventional outer.

Attachments

• 1994 Explosif Nokon arrangement.JPG
    1994 Explosif Nokon arrangement.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 482
naboo":2hiedokb said:
I ran a drill into the kona dog collet so the cable sits nice and snug, works beautiful :) cheers for the tips
This works only on larger size frames - 19 and above. 18 is poor, 17 and below it doesn't work at all (the picture above is of a size 16).

Anthony":14l69ein said:
naboo":14l69ein said:
This works only on larger size frames - 19 and above. 18 is poor, 17 and below it doesn't work at all (the picture above is of a size 16).
It works ok on 18" if you bend the V brake noodle to a better shape (tighter radius). It's what I'm using on my '95 Kilauea with an Avid Arch Rival brake.

Andy R":1vus5ozi said:
Anthony":1vus5ozi said:
naboo":1vus5ozi said:
It works ok on 18" if you bend the V brake noodle to a better shape (tighter radius). It's what I'm using on my '95 Kilauea with an Avid Arch Rival brake.

i'm running that method on my 18in hack bike right now. no faffing, it's perfect

Avid do smaller noodles that might even make it work on a 17.

the orange bike is my old 18in lava dome - showing standard outer and nokon on an 18in frame

Attachments

• 18112007(002).jpg
    18112007(002).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 377
  • image029_166.jpg
    image029_166.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 374

Latest posts

Back