V brake dilemma

naboo

Devout Dirtbag
Putting the Hahanna together with the bits and bobs I've accumulated, mostly on here (cheers) I've ended up with a tidy set of stx v brakes, and a front deore lx (parallel type) I love the deore but would have to fit stx rear

I know I'm being fussy but what would you do? Is having the deore front worth the mismatch? What are the better brakes anyway?

personally I would fit the STX front and back until you can get a matching Deore rear brake.
But I am a bit OCD!

the LX parallel types don't work too well on P2's for some reason. I could never get mine to work, never had a problem with any other brake...

I have this issue as well, have 2 sets of Deore LX m600 (silver) originally from different bikes but could do F+R but also one pair of XT m770 (black) so, same dilemma - matching or use better XT pair and if so F or R ? so far I've been running odd brakes with XT on front

I threw the lx on tonight, i prefer how it looks, and seems really easy to setup, although ill wait to give it a good ride before I make it permenant if they aren't great with p2s

My OCD said no , but I just went and did it because that's how I roll!

........now sat in the corner..rocking backwards and forwards..... What have I done??! It's only 12:08 she won't mind if I go out and change them back o_0

Go Paralell V's.
I have the Dia Compe copies on my Raleigh.
Easy to set up, stunning performance and even pad wear.
Get another LX or even better some XT.

Back