Anyone help to identify this

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Can anyone shed any light on this bike, from what I know its 15speed, Reynolds 500 framed and that's all. Looks pretty basic from what I can tell.

Tricky viewing from my wee phone screen, but the rear brake hanger looks a little like an early Marin. Better pics (or in my case bigger screen) of the tell tale bits would help - rear dropouts, rear brake hanger, cable runs (if cables are run close together), fork dropouts, seat clamp etc usually are the tell tale marks between one brand and another.
The Reynolds sticker might be a 'ringer'; a quick look on eBay will show you all manner of sow's ears transformed into Tour de France winning marques all achieved by the cunning use of decals and stickers.

Radar":1n4srp14 said:
Tricky viewing from my wee phone screen, but the rear brake hanger looks a little like an early Marin. Better pics (or in my case bigger screen) of the tell tale bits would help - rear dropouts, rear brake hanger, cable runs (if cables are run close together), fork dropouts, seat clamp etc usually are the tell tale marks between one brand and another.
The Reynolds sticker might be a 'ringer'; a quick look on eBay will show you all manner of sow's ears transformed into Tour de France winning marques all achieved by the cunning use of decals and stickers.

Thanks for that Radar :)

Looks a bit like one of those British eagle types , shadow or bidet or Summat

That's on ebay isn't it? Had a look myself but not convinced it's a hidden gem. Happy to be proved wrong!

Looks like a Raleigh/Coventry Eagle/Falcon to me. Nothing special lugged steel job but neat enough looking. Might have pretty reasonable handling though.

coomber":3do5jjng said:
That's on ebay isn't it? Had a look myself but not convinced it's a hidden gem. Happy to be proved wrong!

It was on ebay :)

It was 99p when I saw it last, and was hoping to grab if for a few quid. It was due to end tomorrow but the seller pulled it out early :?

Back