Dropping in to say hello

Mr Universe

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello boys and girls,

I thought I'd drop in and say hello :) and a big thank you for showing off all your fantastic machines, fantastic site , cannot believe there are so many of you here riding and restoring old bikes. congrats...

I have been riding and racing bikes , road, mountain and cross for over 25 years, and I commute each day to work , and try and ride off road at the weekends with my friends (work permitting)
A friend suggested that I should try here to try and source some original parts for my old univega that I'd like to try and restore. and going on what I've seen , I think he may have been right :)

I bought my Univega bike new back in the early 90's and after 10 years or so of riding hard off road , I put her into retirement in the attic and their she has been sat all alone and neglected, I dug her out recently and tried fitting modern bike parts , however they just don't 'sit' right with the skinny tubes and the vintage of the bike , so I guess its time to start hunting for some bits n bobs ,, Oh pants ____ is it time to leave for work already.. .Guess it'll have to wait till ron.....

;)

Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm hoping I can keep my spending and hobby in check, looks like some of you have waay to much time and money available.. lol

Tintin as you have asked. here is a photo or two of my trusty univega..

This is in its go to work clothing...

And this one is when slicks just aint enough...

As you can see it has undergone some small changes and tweeks since I wheeled it away from the showroom, I apologies for the non correct parts, long gone are the LX parts (apart from the front changer) ,but as parts wore I replace with what was available , but now I've discovered this forum, maybe I can put right some of the ugly additions. :)

:LOL: :LOL: ........welcome!........put it back next to the radiator though.........in the second pic it looks frisian!.......... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ...........

......andi'llgetmecoat..........

I think you need to feetabix :facepalm:

Nice bike, you'll have period XT on that in no time. Then you'll buy another frame for another project. Then.... ;)

Welcome to the forum

Back